Monday 16 July 2012

Exchange Theory


 The exchange theory speaks about benefits or rewards versus cost. With this theory reward is always greater than the cost. Individuals always look for the something that will cost him or her less as in it will cost no pain however, the reward will be exceed the cost. For example Fay is with Ray and Ray is a freak as we Jamaicans would say. He has weird fetishes. He would come home and tell Fay to get into bed and he would defecate on her( this is known as the hot plate). The reward Fay gets for this is a BMW van, a huge house, takes the plane like a bus and credit cards to maximize. Fay’s reward is greater than the cost. All this is costing her is to have Ray defecate on her.

 Individuals are always compelled by their choice to carry out what is expected of them. Persons will feel obligated to continue in a relationship because they expect something in return for what they are giving and in truth we all expect to get something when we give something. I like this theory because this is how I feel that if I give you something I should get something in return. It is just like the barter system; the exchange of goods or services for something of similar value or less. It is just like all relationships women exchange sex for money whether it is directly or indirectly.

  Humans are rational beings and we will always compare ourselves with others. I for one is guilty of this. I will look at my relationship and compare with other couples I come across. I would say why is it that you cannot spend any time with me and all the other persons I know are spending time with their wives. At time this will seems nagging but we women have to speak out. I believe that it is good to compare yourself with others as you will see your shortcomings and your strong points.


1 comment: